Dear church family and friends,
With the spread of the coronavirus in recent days, we wanted to provide you with an update about our position here at Calvary Baptist Church.
- Although any and all diseases must be taken seriously, we should not allow the mass hysteria and panic we’ve witnessed in our society recently, affect our lives and our decisions. God has not given us “the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” God’s Word also tells us to “Be careful for nothing…”. (Careful: Full of care, consumed with fear, worry, and anxiety)
- There have been NO reported cases of the coronavirus in Tate County or any of our bordering counties at this time.
- Our regularly scheduled services and ministries will continue according to schedule.
- *Sunday School – 9:30 AM (Our bus will still continue to provide transportation to any kids/teens/adults that need a ride to church)
- *Sunday AM Service – 10:30 AM
- *Sunday PM Service – 6 PM
- *Wednesday PM Bible Study & King’s Kids – 7 PM
- *Saturday Soulwinning – 10 AM
- As with any disease, and especially during prime flu season, common sense and precautions should be used to prevent the spread of any contagious diseases.
- *Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- *Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow.
- *Stay home if you are sick or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- *Feel free to refrain from shaking hands or hugging people at church.
- *Refrain from coming in contact with those who are elderly or those who already have a compromised or weakened immune system.
We will continue to monitor this situation as the days pass. In the meantime, let’s be in prayer for those who are sick, those caring for the sick, those working on a vaccine, and our leaders in our country who have very difficult jobs.
Any changes or updates will be posted on our website and social media platforms. While we want to be proactive in the protection of all who attend Calvary Baptist Church, we do not want to live in the spirit of fear, but rather trusting God and using His wisdom. Praise the LORD. He is the Great Physician!